- Butter - 250gms
- Sugar - 250gms
- Flour - 250gms
- Eggs – 6
- Baking powder - 1tsp
- Pineapple slices – 1 small tin (450gms)
- Pineapple syrup – 6tbsp from the tin
- Brown sugar - 2tbsp
- Cherries â€“ as required
- Pre-heat the oven at 350F.
- Grease a cake pan and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Arrange the pineapple slices in the pan and decorate with a cherry in the centre of each pineapple slice.
- Beat butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, slightly beaten egg whites.
- Add sieved flour along with baking powder.
- Mix in the pineapple syrup.
- Pour the cake mixture into the mould and bake until brown.
- Allow the cake to cool a little before inverting it and removing it out of the cake pan.