- 2 cups soaked (for 30minutes), drained long-grain white rice
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. ghee
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups boneless, skinless chicken bite-size pieces
- 4 small peeled and finely diced carrots
- 1 cup beans sliced into small pieces
- 1/2up thinly sliced capsicum
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
Roast rice in 3tbs ghee for 10 minutes and add boiling water and salt to taste. Cook till the water is absorbed and the rice is soft. Transfer the cooked rice to a baking sheet to cool to room temperature.
Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and stir with a fork until just cooked. Remove the eggs and set aside on a plate.
Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee, and cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add beans, capsicum and celery. SautÃ© till done. Add the cold rice, and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the eggs and chicken. Add the soy sauce and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute.Tags: chicken, recipe, rice