New Delhi, Jan 7 (IANS) A major fire broke out at Shastri Bhawan, which houses many ministries, in central Delhi Saturday morning, police said. No injuries have been reported.
The blaze broke out around 9.10 a.m. on the second floor of the building.
‘Six fire tenders were rushed to the spot and they managed to douse the blaze around 10.15 a.m.,’ said a police officer.
According to the official, no one has been injured.
‘The reason behind the fire is suspected to be electric short circuit. The fire has gutted important documents. The cost of the total damage has not been ascertained yet,’ he said.