Sometimes pressure at work act as a motivational factor for you, but when the pressures or demands become too much it will lead to work-related stress. Stress symptoms include a pounding heart or palpitations, dry mouth, headaches, body pains and loss of appetite. Try the following ways to manage stress at work:
- Find out the exact reason of your stress. Is it the real workload or the very atmosphere that gives you stress? Try to reduce the load with the help of your colleagues and accept the atmosphere as it is.
- Never accept deadlines which are not feasible. Though it invites the dissatisfaction of your Boss when you do not accept difficult deadlines, it will help you a lot to avoid stress.
- Train yourself to take breaks in between constant work. Just walk a little and then go on with your work. This habit will help you to stay relaxed throughout the day.
- Reach home at a fixed time and take adequate rest.
- Sleep for at least 8 hours. This will give you enough energy to do any stressful job.
- Relax during weekends. Meeting old friends or visiting a place of natural beauty or going shopping will warm you up for the coming week.
- At workplaces, bullying is the root cause for stress. Make sure that you do not come on the receiving end of this. For that, saying a firm â€˜Noâ€™ as and when required is very much essential.
- Being fit and healthy also increases your ability to manage stress. So, nutritious food and regular exercise are very important for people who work under stress.