Many of us are spendthrifts and have been influenced by the Compulsive Shopping Disorder. If we shop because we like shopping very much we are in big trouble. We should learn to shop for things that we really need. The following are certain tips to differentiate between sensible shopping and crazy buying.
- When you go to a shop buy only what is needed and nothing more.
- Make an exact list of requirements and strictly adhere to it.
- Shop wisely with proper planning care and thought.
- Make sure that you get a good bargain whenever possible.
- When you buy an expensive item it is good to go around to three to four shops and make a comparison of the merits and prices of what you need.
- It is better to leave kids at home if possible when you go shopping.
- Never go shopping with a wavering mind, unsure of what you want.
- Be careful when you go shopping with friends because you may end up spending a lot more on what you donâ€™t require.
- Never buy too much during reduction and clearance sales. It is a temptation for many to buy unnecessary items.
- While shopping for food look at the health angle of the family also.
- Shopping with cash in hand is more sensible than using credit cards as we know exactly how much we have to spend for a particular shopping.
Compulsive Shopping Disorder is a personality disorder caused by loneliness or depression. People afflicted with it should divert their attention to some hobbies like reading, painting or gardening.Tags: lifestyle, shopping disorder, tips