Beijing, Aug 19 (IANS) A five-star hotel in China’s Hainan province was fined about $97,200 after 141 people was sickened by food poisoning, Global Times said Sunday.
The Sanya City Food and Drug Administration also confiscated materials used to make food that allegedly sickened vacationers.
The 141 vacationers were sent for medical treatment after their breakfast from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the Howard Johnson Hotel. Salmonella was detected in samples from the suspect food.
The Daily News Post India (tdnpost)