Migraine is one of the most widespread neurological disorders these days. It causes a severe head ache on either or both sides of the head starting from the eyes. There are a number of home remedies in recent times to get relief from the acute pain of migraine attacks.
- One of the effective home based solutions is massaging the scalp and forehead yourself in gentle circular motions. This can be done in a dark and quiet room without any kind of annoyance.
- Another option in relieving the painful symptoms of migraine is aromatherapy. Massaging the forehead with the essential oil like peppermint is found to be helpful for some people in easing migraine.
- Having a high content of anti inflammatory properties consumption of ginger promotes blood circulation and provides the blood vessels with a soothing effect. Eating a piece of slightly steamed fresh ginger is proved to be a very effective home based treatment to alleviate the pain at the time of migraine attacks.
- Keeping a wet cloth over your head and eyes is another alternative. This can bring in immediate relief for the unbearable headache.
- Placing an ice pack on the back of the neck while keeping your feet in warm water for 15-20 minutes will help you to get relieved.
- Drinking about a liter of water daily will keep you hydrated enough as this is the best solution to avoid migraine attacks.
- Regular exercise and everyday walks breathing fresh air help a lot to get rid of migraine tension.
- Staying away from food items like diary, eggs, soy products, wheat, citrus fruits, chocolate, tea, and alcoholic drinks also would be helpful because these items can instigate migraine.