- Have vegetable soup or water or vegetable salad before eating your main course
- Eat your food slowly enjoying the taste. When you eat quickly you will eat more than what is required.
- When you go for an outing with a friend or colleague to hotel or canteen control your desire to have unnecessary items. It is better to limit yourself to a coffee or cool drink.
- Avoid eating while watching TV. Many people eat a lot while watching TV. If you cannot avoid eating choose something healthy like a green salad.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. This will give you a full stomach feeling and you may not require too much food.
- Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat only fruits and vegetables one day per week. This will help you reduce fat.
- Use small plates for having food. This will help you avoid eating excess quantity of food in large plates.
- During breaks it is better to eat fruits and avoid snacks.
- Include food items with fiber in your diet. Sprouted green gram, dry fruits, etc. would be good to control fat.
- If you skip food sometimes never eat double during the next meal. Even sugar free fruit juice can serve a meal at times.
- When you attend parties eat salads first, if available. This will help you avoid overeating oily food at parties.
- Do not use too much sugar and oil in food. It is better to drink tea or coffee without adding sugar.
- Avoid eating fried food and start eating boiled food.
- Give up the habit of eating too much sweet.
- If you feel that you had eaten too much food for a meal, limit your next meal to a green salad or fruits.